Bernard and Carolyn Torraco Memorial Nursing Scholarships (Deadline: April 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
1. Citizenship—The candidate must be a United States citizen. This program is open to applicants of all ethnicities.
2. Sponsorship—An applicant must reside in the home state of an active UNICO Chapter. Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be currently attending an accredited campus based nursing degree program in the United States, completing core nursing courses, at one of the following: An Associate Degree School of Nursing; A Collegiate School of Nursing; A Diploma School of Nursing. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
4. Financial Need—The candidate’s financial need is a consideration. A current FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) or the previous year income tax return is required.
5. Extra-Curricular and Community Participation—The extent to which a candidate has contributed to the life and welfare of school and community, including health activities and student nursing organizations, will be considered in the assessment of merit.
6. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members may be sponsored by their respective chapters.
7. Timeframe—The candidate must pursue their study within the year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
8. Reapplication—Previous candidates, including recipients, are eligible to reapply provided they have demonstrated academic progress. In this event, a complete and updated application must be submitted.
Deadline: April 15, 2018