Who Can Apply:
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the graduate level, undergraduate level or your final year of high school
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older
- Carry a status of “good standing” (i.e. currently enrolled)
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Postmarked by May 30, 2020
Submission: Please submit a ‘visual poem’, in a style of your choosing, on the theme of overcoming a personal challenge. Limit your ‘visual poem’ to an 8.5in x 11in piece of paper. You can choose to represent words, images, or both. It can abstract or representational. Please include a personal statement that gives us an idea of who you are and how your poem relates to a challenge you’ve faced. The poem and essay (combined) should be between 500 and 1,000 words, but feel free to write a little more or less.
Deadline: May 30, 2020
Learn More: https://www.1800wheelchair.com/scholarship/