Who Can Apply:
- The John Lenard Civil Engineering Scholarship may be presented annually to not more than 2 undergraduate civil engineering students, who will use the scholarship for their sophomore, junior or senior tuition expenses and fees.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of worthy students whose studies are focused on water supply or environmental engineering.
- The applicant must be a student majoring in civil engineering in an ABET-accredited program.
- The applicant must be an ASCE Student Member in good standing at the time of application and award.
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to either water supply or environmental engineering.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are eligible to apply in any succeeding competition for these awards provided the other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
(1) completed application form;
(2) detailed annual budget;
(3) essay by the applicant: What can the civil engineering profession do to improve the environment, and what would the applicant do as a civil engineer to improve the environment;
(4) official transcripts;
(5) minimum of 2 sealed recommendation letters, one of which must be from a faculty member; and
(6) 1-page resume.
Deadline: February 10, 2023
Learn More: https://www.asce.org/career-growth/awards-and-honors/scholarships/john-lenard-civil-engineering-scholarship