Who Can Apply: Enrolled full time at a recognized and accredited institution (conservatory, college, university, etc.) for graduate-level course work toward a master’s or doctoral degree in vocal performance or music education, with an emphasis on voice, in order to perpetuate the singing of the Negro spiritual through performance and/or teaching.
- Three letters of recommendation from voice teachers or music professors attesting to the applicant’s musical talent, moral character, and dedication to the survival of the Negro spiritual
- An audio tape or CD of a recent performance (concert or recital) and photo
- Three music programs reflecting at least a two-year span and including the applicant’s performance of Negro spirituals
- A personal statement describing your commitment to ensure the preservation of the Negro spiritual through your performance or teaching career
- A detailed budget for your academic year’s educational expenses including scholarships, fellowships, grants, and loans
- A photograph of yourself
Deadline: March 15, 2020