Who Can Apply:
• The student must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident.
• The student must be 18 years of age or older when submitting the application.
• The student must be of Hispanic heritage.
• The student must have a cumulative High School GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
• The student must be currently enrolled full-time in an ACEN or CCNE accredited traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree program.
(Students accepted into a program but not yet enrolled are also eligible to apply, provided they enroll by the scholarship application deadline of December 31, 2020.)
• The student must have at least one full semester of academic studies left to complete following December 31, 2020.
• The student must submit a well-crafted Resume that includes all relevant details such as high school information, SAT/ACT scores, academic awards and honors, leadership positions held, High School & Community service (including volunteer work), extracurricular activities, and employment history.
• The student must submit a written Letter of Recommendation from someone who can best describe your ability to succeed in your academic and/or career goals. The letter must give numerous examples of how/why you stand out. The letter should be signed and on letterhead from one of the following: high school teacher; a faculty member of the BSN program you are currently enrolled in; counselor or advisor; your current or past employer; or a mentor not related to you.
• The student must submit an original 800-1200 words Essay.
Deadline: December 31, 2020