Who Can Apply: The AAHD Frederick J. Krause Scholarship on Health and Disability is awarded annually to a deserving student with a disability who is pursuing undergraduate/graduate studies (must be at least enrolled as a sophomore in college) in an accredited university who is pursuing studies related to the health and disability, to include, but not limited to public health, health promotion, disability studies, disability research, rehabilitation engineering, audiology, disability policy, special education and majors that will impact quality of life of persons with disabilities.
- Applicant must provide a Personal Statement (maximum 2 pages, double spaced), including brief personal history, educational/career goals, extra-curricular activities, and reasons why they should be selected by the AAHD Scholarship Committee. This statement must be written solely by the applicant.
- Applicant must provide two (2) Letters of Recommendation (One must be from a teacher or academic advisor). Letters may be sent by U. S. mail or by email attachment and should include the signature of the teacher or advisor, and the name of student should appear in the subject line of the email.
- Applicant must provide an official copy of college transcript, which should be mailed to AAHD in a sealed envelope.
- Applicant must have a documented disability and provide documentation of their disability from a specialist (physician, educator, et. al).
- Applicant must agree to allow AAHD to use his/her name, photo and/or story in future scholarship materials.
Deadline: November 15, 2017