Who Can Apply: Open to all AAJ Law Student Members who are entering their second and third year of law school, this $3,000 scholarship is awarded to the applicant who best demonstrates the following: commitment to AAJ and its mission; a desire to represent victims; interest and skill in trial advocacy; and financial need.
- Demonstrates a commitment to AAJ and dedication to its mission through extensive involvement in AAJ student chapter activities;
- Expresses a desire to represent those who have been injured by the negligence or misconduct of others
- Promotes accountability and safety;
- Exhibits an interest and proficiency of skills in trial advocacy;
- Shows a financial need for the scholarship.
- A resumé
- A statement of financial need
- A 500-word essay on how you meet the criteria
- Up to three (3) recommendations from a faculty advisor, trial advocacy professor, dean, AAJ member, or trial lawyer; and
- A completed form verifying your student status.
Deadline: May 1, 2020