The Abby Sobrato Scholarship (Deadline: February 21, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Graduating high school senior of the Latino College Prep Academy (LCPA), Luis Valdez Leadership Academy (LVLA) and B. Roberto Cruz Leadership Academy (RCLA) in San José, Calif. OR graduate of LCPA
- Planning to enroll in a two- or four-year college or vocational school as a part-time or full-time student. Preference will be given to students enrolling in a four-year college.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- United States citizen or eligible non-citizen (eligible non-citizens include legal residents, DACA and A.B. 540 students)
Submission: Your personal statement must be 500-800 words, double-spaced (approximately 2-3 pages), and must address the following prompts:
- Describe your short- and long-term goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals.
- Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college OR your intended career if you are a current college student.
- Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will or have help(ed) you succeed in college.
- Describe why you believe you are a good candidate for the specific scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
Deadline: February 21, 2018
Amount: Up to $12,000 (paid over four years, provided renewal eligibility requirements are met)