Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Scholarship Essay Contest (Deadline: January 31, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- 18 years old or older.
- A U.S. citizen.
- A current high school senior registered or be a current first year student enrolled at a college or university.
Submission: The essay must be at least 500 words and no longer than 750 words. Only one essay per student is allowed to be entered. You must answer the following question for your essay: Is distracted driving a serious problem among young drivers? Your essay should:
- Explain what distracted driving is. (For example, is it just texting, talking on the phone, or is it more than that?)
- Tell us about any time that you have personally experienced distracted driving. (Do you text or talk on a cell phone while driving or do your friends and family members? What do you do if you are with someone who is driving while distracted?)
- What suggestions would you make to encourage young people to avoid distracted driving?
- Please give examples of any surveys, studies, statistics, or stories in the news that support your points.
Deadline: January 31, 2016
Learn More: Abrahamson & Uiterwyk Scholarship Essay Contest