Who Can Apply:
- Must be a current NABJ member.
- Must be an American or foreign-born student who is currently enrolled full time at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Must major in journalism, a communications-related discipline or liberal arts, and have a demonstrated interest in pursuing newsgathering across various platforms.
- Must meet a cumulative G.P.A. requirement of 2.5 or higher, as verified by an official college transcript.
- Must have at least one year of school remaining at the time of the application submission.
- Must provide a resume.
- Must provide a cover letter (500-800 words) explaining your journalism experience, academic accomplishments, career goals, community involvement and financial need.
- Must write an essay on the specified topic (1,000 – 1,500 words). The essay should tell a meaningful story of challenge, growth, change, celebration or sorrow from the perspective of an influencer or change-maker in the community. The objective is to showcase leadership and insight from “regular folk,” rather than focusing on elected or appointed officials, or other power-brokers.
- Must provide at least three (3) and no more than five (5) work samples (articles, audio and/or video clips, podcasts, blogs, photos or personal website).
- Must provide three (3) references, along with their contact information: name, title, email address and phone number. Letters are NOT required.
Deadline: April 14, 2017
Learn More: https://nabj.site-ym.com/page/Scholarshipsmoore