Who Can Apply: The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program for Black/African American, Hispanic, Native North American and Pacific Islander students. The scholarship award recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of full-time undergraduate students pursuing a degree that may lead to a career in the actuarial profession. Each applicant must fulfill all the requirements listed below:
- Must have at least one birth parent who is a member of one of the following minority groups:
Black/African American, Hispanic, Native North American, Pacific Islander.
- Enrolling as or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a U.S. accredited educational institution.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), emphasis on math or actuarial courses.
- Entering college freshmen must have a minimum ACT math score of 28 or SAT math score of 620.
- Intent on pursuing a career in the actuarial profession.
- Personal Statement Questionnaire
- 1. Why are you interested in becoming an actuary?
- 2. What steps have you taken to become an actuary?
- 3. Is there anything else you would like the committee to consider when reviewing your application?
Deadline: April 15, 2020