Who Can Apply: The Airline Dispatchers Federation in conjunction with Academy College (Bloomington, Minnesota) is offering a scholarship to earn his or her aircraft dispatcher’s FAA 121 certificate.
- The scholarship is value at $5,450 and will cover instruction and training required to take the aircraft dispatch written test and check ride with an FAA 121 examiner for certification.
- Scholarship recipient will be responsible for all written and oral examination fees.
- The recipient will be responsible and follow all of Academy College’s rules and requirements and will be responsible for the cost of FAA knowledge and practical testing, transportation to/from Academy College, lodging and meals during his or her training.
- Applicants must be at least 23 years of age; able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language; and able to travel to and from training, have time available to attend training and study without distraction from employer(s) for a period of 12 consecutive weeks with practical testing following the course completion date.
- Must be U.S. citizens OR hold current authorization to live and receive education within the United States not to expire prior to December 31, 2020.
- Applicants will be responsible for costs incurred if remedial training is needed due to lack of study or non-compliance with policies found within Academy College’s instructional handbook.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018