Advanced Cardiac Life Support Scholarship (Deadline: December 31, 2017)
Who Can Apply: The scholarship offered will be awarded annually to full-time students who are enrolled in a college or university. The first place candidate will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The second and third place candidates will receive complimentary Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification courses which have a combined value of $360. The monetary first place award must be used towards college/university tuition, school supplies, and/or housing.
Submission: Write an article between 500 and 750 words on one of the topics listed below.
- The anatomy and physiology of the lungs
- Drug abuse and it’s effects on the heart
- Hypertension and it’s effects on the body
- Heart abnormalities
- The anatomy and physiology of the kidneys
- The anatomy and physiology of the liver
- How sympathomimetics are used in Medicine
- How benzodiazapines are used in Medicine
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Learn More: https://www.acls-pals-bls.com/scholarship/