Advancement of Animal Law Scholarships (Deadline: April 1, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be a member of an active SALDF chapter.
- Applicant must demonstrate outstanding commitment to animal law.
- Applicant should be interested in serving as an SALDF advisor for up to two years after graduation.
- Only current 1Ls and 2Ls are eligible to apply (or 3Ls in a four-year program), with the scholarship to be applied during the next academic year.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a law school professor (letters of recommendation from ALDF staff are not permitted).
- Current academic transcript (unofficial is okay).
- A copy of your most recent resume.
- Provide complete answers to the following questions. There is no page limit. Answers must be typed and double spaced. Include your name, SALDF chapter, year in school, address, phone number, and email address.
- Describe your interest in animal issues and tell us how your law school education will help you to be a better advocate for animals.
- Describe your role within your SALDF chapter.
- Describe any other animal law (or animal protection) activities and experience (academic, volunteer, activism, employment, etc.) to date.
- ALDF’s mission is to advance the lives and protect the interest of animals through the legal system. Describe how you see yourself contributing to this mission, and tell us how you will support the field of animal law after graduation.
- How will receiving this scholarship help you to achieve your goals?
- Recipients of the ALDF Advancement of Animal Law Scholarship are encouraged to serve as a SALDF advisor for two years after graduation. How do you envision yourself in this role and how would you contribute to your chapter’s ongoing vitality once you graduate?
Deadline: April 1, 2016
Learn More: Advancement of Animal Law Scholarships