Who Can Apply: The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a current undergraduate college or university student in an accredited four-year U.S. college or university. Incoming first-year students and college students who graduated the year of the competition (i.e., January-June 2021 for the 2021 essay competition) are eligible to apply.
- Since this is an academic paper, cited sources are expected. You may use MLA or Chicago formatting.
- The essay length is a minimum of 5 pages and a maximum of 8 pages (approximately 1,500-2,000 words), using a standard font set to 12-point with double-spacing and 1-inch margins.
- A bibliography does not count towards or against the page length requirement.
- Essays will be judged on clarity of argument, use of evidence to support the thesis, originality of thought, and proper grammar.
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Learn More: https://infoguides.pepperdine.edu/ael