The African American Volkswagen Employees’ Scholarship (Deadline: March 31, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Attend high school as a graduating senior or an accredited school beyond the high school level.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a former employee or relative of an employee of Volkswagen of America, New Stanton, Pennsylvania and designated as class members by the determination of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania in Civil Action Nos. 83-5 and 83-271 Charles E. Penn et. al. v. Volkswagen of America, Inc. Relatives include spouse, brother, sister, parents and lineal descendants.
- Preference will be given to African American individuals.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.
Deadline: March 31, 2018