AIAS Foundation WomenIn Scholarship (Deadline: April 28, 2017)
Who Can Apply: Applicants to the WomenIn Scholarship must identify as women intending to pursue a career in any aspect of interactive entertainment including: art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, law, marketing, and business administration.
• Must be a female-identifying full-time undergraduate student starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States during the 2017-18 academic school year.
• Major: Any field.
• GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale.
• Applicants do not need to be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply. In compliance with federal law, any non-U.S. citizen who receives a scholarship must not be listed on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
• Family members of AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (defined as contributors of at least $1000 in donation) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
• Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
1. Verification of enrollment in an undergraduate (minimum 2nd year) or graduate studies program for the 2017-18 academic year.
2. Two page (maximum) personal statement, including:
a. Information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry
b. Statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need.
3. Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
a. Letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually.
b. Letters of recommendations must address your potential to make significant contribution to the game industry through character, service, or leadership abilities.
Deadline: April 28, 2017