AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship Award (Deadline: March 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Obtained a liberal arts or other non-business undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States prior to enrolling in a graduate accounting program.
- Not earned more than 12 credits in accounting or business during his/her undergraduate program.
- Not actively participating in a graduate accounting program.
- Planning to pursue a graduate-level degree in accounting or an accounting-related major beginning in fall of the 2018-19 academic year. (“Accounting-related” shall be as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion.) This program will enable a student to sit for the CPA exam.
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Attending a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) four-year college or university in the U.S. or territories for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is accredited by the AACSB and/or ACBSP for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Enrolled as a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the full 2018-19 academic year. (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship program.)
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: www.ThisWayToCPA.com/AICPA-Student-Membership.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not already be receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) that covers or exceeds one’s educational expenses).
- Planning to participate in the AICPA Legacy Scholars program for the full 2018-19 academic year.
Deadline: March 1, 2018