AICPA Scholarship Award for Minority Accounting Students (Deadline: March 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- An ethnic minority in the accounting profession (including but not limited to: Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; Native American; Pacific Islander; or Asian American).
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in an accounting or accounting-related major. (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion.).
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Attending a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) four-year college or university in the U.S. or territories for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is accredited by the AACSB and/or ACBSP for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2018.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the 2018-19 academic year (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship).
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: http://www.thiswaytocpa.com/aicpa-student-membership
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Planning to participate in the AICPA Legacy Scholars program for the full 2018-19 academic year
Deadline: March 1, 2018