Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must provide official documentation demonstrating that they are an enrolled member of a federally- or state-recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaskan Native Village or are listed on the Native Hawaiian Rolls; or provide a copy of their Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood or Certificate of Degree of Alaska Native Blood (CDIB) card issued by the Bureau of Indian Affairs demonstrating at least 25% Native blood quantum. A CDIB card alone is not proof of tribal enrollment/membership, it merely provides proof of blood quantum. Applicants must be either an enrolled member (as defined by the Native community’s official government) OR have 25% blood quantum.
- Applicants must also be a current member, in good standing, of AISES.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral program in a geosciences field.
- Applicants must have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants must have been applied or been accepted into a geoscience field camp at the time of application, or be able to provide a summary of their approved, plan for Summer or Fall 2015 field based research.
Submission: AISES only accepts applications submitted online via our online scholarship platform, https://aises.starsscholarshipsonline.com/stars/default.aspx.
Deadline: May 22, 2015