Who Can Apply:
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering. Chemical Engineering and Material Science will also be considered.
- Students must be a full-time student at an accredited college/university. As Intel will provide opportunities for paid internships, students will also be evaluated based on their interest in participating in an Intel internship in Summer 2018
- Must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must be: an enrolled member/citizen or a descendant of an enrolled member/citizen of a U.S. Federally/State Recognized Tribe or Candian First Nations. Students may submit a Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) or proof of tribal enrollment (tribal ID, enrollment card or letter issued by your tribal or village government). Also, students may submit documents that show proof of descendancy from an enrolled member/citizen of a Tribe/Nation/Native Village or Native Hawaiian.
- Resume: Submit your current resume through the OASIS platform. E-mailed resumes will not be accepted. If you need help creating a resume, your school will likely have a Career-Services office that can help.
- Letters of Recommendation: Be sure to give your recommenders plenty of time to complete their recommendation (at least three weeks). It is often helpful to talk with them before you submit the form, to ensure they can complete a positive recommendation for you in a timely fashion. All recommendation letters must be submitted through the OASIS platform.
- Essays: Students are required to submit 3 essays, up to 500 words each. These essays are an important part of the scholarship review process.
- Essay Prompt 1: Please share a personal statement that highlights your background, interests, academic achievements, and what impact you hope to have in your community and/or profession.
- Essay Prompt 2: What stimulated your interest in your chosen major or area of study?
- Essay Prompt 3: What activity or activities (cultural, community-related, occupational, academic, athletic etc.) most clearly reflect your character? Please describe your participation. Why is participation in this activity or these activities important to you?
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Amount: $5,000, $10,000
Learn More: http://www.aises.org/scholarships/intel