AISES A. T. Anderson Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: May 1, 2017)
Who Can Apply: Applicants must be: an enrolled member or a decedent of an enrolled member of a federally or state recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaskan Native Village; or Native Hawaiian or decedent from a Native Hawaiian. Students must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited four-year college/university for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Official Transcript(s)
- Tribal Enrollment Verification: Students must be an enrolled member or citizen or a descendant of an enrolled member or citizen. Students may submit a Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) or proof of tribal enrollment (tribal ID, enrollment card or letter issued by your tribal or village government). Also, students may submit documents that show proof of decendancy from an enrolled member or citizen of a Tribe/Nation/Native Village or Native Hawaiian.
- Resume: Submit your current resume. If you need help creating a resume, your school will likely have a Career-Services office that can help.
- Photo: A headshot photo, in jpeg format.
- Letters of Recommendation: Be sure to give your recommenders plenty of time—at least 3 weeks, more is better—to complete their recommendation for you. It is often helpful to talk with them before you submit the form, to ensure they are able to complete a positive recommendation for you in a timely fashion.
- Essays: Students are required to submit 3 essays, up to 1,000 words each. These essays are an important part of the scholarship review process. Essay Prompt 1: Please share a personal statement that highlights your background, interests, academic achievements, and what impact you hope to have in your community and/or profession. Essay Prompt 2: What stimulated your interest in your chosen major or area of study? Essay Prompt 3: What activity or activities (cultural, community-related, occupational, academic, athletic etc.) most clearly reflect your character? Please describe your participation. Why is participation in this activity or these activities important to you?
Deadline: May 1, 2017
Learn More: http://www.aises.org/scholarships/at-anderson