Al Lucas Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: March 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Must be a scholar athlete graduating from any Bibb County public high school with athletic programs. Currently, they are: Northeast, Central, Howard, Rutland, Southwest, and Westside High Schools.
- Acceptance to an accredited two or four-year College or University.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- Candidates must demonstrate a caring attitude, be of high moral character, and show characteristics of positive leadership and citizenship.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply.
- A short essay describing what being an athlete has meant to you while in high school, and how you see it affecting your life while in college and thereafter. Make sure to include which sport(s)/ team(s) you were a member of and any leadership roles you assumed while playing sports.
- Provide the names and email addresses of two references who have agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. One must come from a teacher, coach, or other school personnel. These people will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school transcript.
Deadline: March 15, 2018