Who Can Apply:
- This scholarship is open to student athletes graduating from any Bibb County public high school with athletic programs. Currently they are Northeast, Central, Rutland, Southwest, Westside, and Howard High Schools.
- Acceptance to an accredited two or four-year College or University.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- Candidates must demonstrate a caring attitude, be of high moral character, and show characteristics of positive leadership and citizenship.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply.
- A short essay response describing what being an athlete has meant to you while in high school, and how you see it affecting your life while in college and thereafter. Make sure to include which sport(s)/ team(s) you were a member of and any leadership roles you assumed while playing sports.
- Provide two references who will provide a recommendation. One must come from a teacher, coach, or other school personnel.
- Family Financial Information – if required, the applicant must submit one of the following:
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If you did not apply for FAFSA, please submit a copy of your parent/guardian’s most recent IRS Form-1040.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school transcript – you must request this from your current school.
Deadline: March 15, 2016
Learn More: Al Lucas Memorial Scholarship Fund