Who Can Apply: Alaska Airlines will award one $2,500 scholarships to a female pilot pursuing a professional airline pilot career.
- Applicants must be full-time students at the junior or senior level with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better; and U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Applicants will be evaluated on volunteer work in the community, academic standing, teamwork, leadership skills, and airmanship.
Submission: In addition to all WAI requirements applicants must also include a detailed essay (500-1,000 words, typed and double spaced), addressing the following topics:
1. Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in becoming a Professional Airline Pilot?
2. Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study.
3. Describe your community involvement and volunteer work?
4. What are your long term and short-term career goals?
5. Why do you feel Alaska Airlines should select you to receive this scholarship?
Deadline: November 12, 2018