Who Can Apply: Applicants to the Alfa Foundation Scholarship Program must –
- Be high school seniors, graduates or current postsecondary undergraduates enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time accredited program at a two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school located in the state of Alabama
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Have a current Alabama Farmers Federation Membership issued in his/her name. Annual membership is available by calling 1-800-964-2532, by going to http://alfafarmers.org/about/alfa-membership-signup or by visiting an Alfa Insurance office. (Membership must be issued in the name of the scholarship applicant to be eligible for consideration.)
- Start by clicking on the Register to Apply link at the bottom of this page. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email and US postal mail. E-mail messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration. Be sure to add [email protected] to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- You are now able to log into the application.
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page. To return to the application, you must login using your username and password.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the “Lock and Submit Application” button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your entire application before clicking the Lock and Submit Application button.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Applications must be submitted electronically (and any other required documents must be mailed to Scholarship Management Services) by the application deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- After the application is successfully submitted, no further additions or changes can be made. You will no longer have access to your application account or data.
- We recommend that you print a hard copy of your application for your records. Do not send a printed copy to Scholarship Management Services.
- Scholarship Management Services will email acknowledgment of receipt of all submitted applications.
Deadline: March 15, 2015
Learn More: Alfa Foundation Scholarship Program