Who Can Apply:
- Eligible applicants include current and former residents of Greene County, Georgia and those who attended or graduated from high school in that county.
- Enrollment as a full-time student in an accredited two or four-year college, or a degree-granting technical or vocational school is required.
- Students who have begun their post secondary education when applying must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher to be considered. Students who have not attended any post-secondary school are not subject to a grade point average minimum to qualify.
- A short essay response describing your educational plans and your commitment to community service.
- Provide two references who will provide a recommendation. One must come from a teacher, school personnel or other adult who can attest to your community spirit.
- Family Financial Information – the applicant must submit one of the following:
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If you did not apply for FAFSA, please submit a copy of your parent/guardian’s most recent IRS Form-1040.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
Deadline: March 15, 2016
Learn More: Alvin V. Palmer Scholarship Fund