AMATYC Presidential Student Scholarship (Deadline: October 15, 2016)
Who Can Apply: The purpose of the AMATYC Student Scholarship is to encourage the study of mathematics by students enrolled in institutions of higher education.
- Each affiliate may submit one nomination from a student attending a qualifying institution. To be a qualifying institution, the institution must employ at least one member in good standing of AMATYC.
- The student must be nominated by an AMATYC member who is an employee of the qualifying institution.
- The student must have an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
- The nominated students must be majoring in mathematics and enrolled full-time at the nominating institution during the spring semester preceding the Annual AMATYC conference when the award will be announced.
- A letter will be sent by the AMATYC president to the affiliate presidents each year in the spring notifying them of the scholarship.
- Each affiliate will notify their membership and determine the affiliate nominee. The nomination form must be received by the AMATYC President by October 15.
- The scholarship recipient will be determined by a random draw. The drawing will take place at the Fall Board Meeting of the Executive Board.
- The scholarship recipient’s name will be announced at the affiliate president’s luncheon and the scholarship money will be sent to the recipient after the Annual AMATYC conference.
Deadline: October 15, 2016
Learn More: http://www.amatyc.org/?page=PresStudentScholar