American Airlines Engineering Scholarship (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: American Airlines will award one $5,000 scholarship to a student pursuing a degree in Aeronautical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a passion to work in the airline/aviation industry.
- Candidates will be evaluated on academic standing, personal accomplishments, teamwork, leadership skills, community service involvement and future career aspirations.
- Requirements: meet all WAI scholarship requirements and guidelines, must have received high school diploma, GPA 3.0 or higher, enrolled in accredited U.S. engineering program through a college or university, U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- To complement the scholarship, American will host the winner with attendance to the 30th Annual Conference in Reno, Nevada (including air travel, hotel and conference registration).
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018