American Airlines Veteran’s Initiative Scholarship (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: In honor of their service to our country, American Airlines will award one $5,000 scholarship to a military veteran or current service member who is pursing aviation/aeronautical education or training.
- This award will be paid directly to the accredited flight school, institution or college.
- Candidates will be evaluated on achievements, teamwork, leadership skills, motivation and community service involvement.
- Please submit application according to WAI scholarship guidelines.
- Finalists will be interviewed at WAI conference unless on deployment.
- In addition to WAI requirements, applicant must honorably served in the United States Armed Services and provide proof such as a DD form 214 or current military ID.
- Include name and address for the accredited institution, flight or training center used.
- Applicants must be available for interview at the WAI conference or phone interview if deployed.
American Airlines has a long history of supporting our nation’s veterans, those currently serving in the military, and their families. With many of our employees having served in the military, the company places a strong emphasis on its military and veteran’s initiatives. In addition, American Airlines provides monetary and travel assistance to numerous military non-profit organizations and provides travel on a compassionate basis through our ongoing partnerships with the Gary Sinise Foundation, the Airpower Foundation and Fisher House.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018