Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Minority students who will be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2018 are eligible to apply.
- Students must plan to pursue careers in the atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. Marine Biology is not eligible.
- Students eligible to apply for the AMS Minority Scholarship Program may also apply to the AMS Freshman Scholarship Program but can only accept one scholarship if selected for both.
- Completed application form
- An official high school transcript showing past three years
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or guidance counselor
- A copy of scores from a SAT or similar national college entrance exam.
Deadline: February 2, 2018