AMVETS Scholarship (Deadline: September 8, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- If applicants reside in the United States* they must meet one of the following requirements: be a legal resident of the United States; have been granted permanent residency; have a valid visa that does not prohibit educational studies; have been granted temporary protected status along with approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services and verified through CIS Form g-845; or have been granted asylum along with the approved Notice of Action issued by the Citizen Immigration Services. *Applicants who do not currently reside in the United States may disregard this criterion.
- Applicants must be one of the below:
- A honorably discharged veteran or current member of the active military (including National Guard and Reserves)
- A spouse of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran
- A child (under age 21 or full-time student under age 23) of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled nor in the process of enrolling at a University of Phoenix campus or an online program at any time prior to the scholarship award date. Applicants who enroll after submitting an application, or before, the award date are not eligible to be a recipient of this scholarship.
- Applicants must meet all admissions requirements of University of Phoenix.
- Applicants must not be an employee (including full and part time faculty members) or family member (spouse, dependent child or domestic partner) of an employee of Apollo Education Group, Inc., University of Phoenix, Western International University, Institute for Professional Development or any other subsidiary of Apollo Education Group, Inc.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their DD214 (member 4) or a signed letter from Command certifying active duty status.
- Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation by the deadline date. The completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to applicant.
Submission: University of Phoenix AMVETS Scholarship online application.
Deadline: September 8, 2015
Learn More: AMVETS Scholarship