Who Can Apply:
- The 2021 Amy G Law Firm Access to Education Scholarship is open to students who are presently enrolled in any course of study at an accredited degree program in the United States, whether a community college, junior college, undergraduate, or graduate school. Holders of GEDs as well as high school graduates who will begin college-level studies imminently will also be eligible for the award.
- The best candidates for the scholarship are those individuals who can eloquently describe their understanding of the role of higher education in our culture, how it can lead to the betterment of all segments of society, and the ways in which access to such programs can be expanded to be more inclusive of traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Those interested in receiving the scholarship are required to submit evidence of good academic standing from their present institution of learning. For this award, such proof will consist of a cumulative grade point average of no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Submission: Candidates for the scholarship are asked to supply a completed cover sheet, in addition to:
- An up-to-date resume, current contact information, and a clear statement of present program level and student status
- The latest version of the student’s academic transcript (unofficial versions are permitted) from his or her present school; freshmen are allowed to send an unofficial document from the most recent institution attended, together with any other available documentation from their present school
- An original written essay of roughly 750 words (Times New Roman, 12-point font preferred) explaining the role of higher education in society and describing the applicant’s ideas for expanding access to a wider range of demographic groups
Deadline: May 31, 2021