Who Can Apply: Established by the Hudson Valley Umpires Association in memory of Andy Vito, Harold Tompkins and Ron Vece this scholarship is available to Dutchess County high school graduates who have played high school baseball.
– Graduating senior from a Dutchess County high school
– Participate in high school baseball
– Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. One letter of recommendation must be from your baseball coach. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021