Who Can Apply:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must demonstrate plans to enroll for admission‚ or have proof of current full-time enrollment at an accredited institution. If you have not yet received your acceptance into college or law school‚ you may still apply‚ but the scholarship will not be released without proof of acceptance and enrollment.
- Your GPA must meet a minimum score of 3.0.
- Applicants must submit either a 1,000-word essay or YouTube video* responding to one of the following prompts (they will be judged on the best-reasoned response, not on the position of the applicant):
- Provide a well-reasoned argument about whether a specific policy in the criminal justice system (your choice) is unjust and requires reform, or is just and should stay the same.
- Provide a well-reasoned argument defending or critiquing the criminalization of drug possession in the United States.
- A valid transcript (high school or college) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA, and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
- Updated resume
Deadline: July 1, 2016
Learn More: http://www.anellixavier.com/scholarship