Who Can Apply:
1. Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
2. Be at least 16 years of age
3. Hold a current FAA Student Pilot Certificate at the time of application
4. Be a current and paid member of AOPA at both the time of application and when the scholarship is awarded
5. Not have completed the FAA practical test/checkride at the time of application
1.Complete the online application. Paper applications will not be accepted.
2. After completing the online application, you will receive a unique link for an online recommendation form that is specific to you. Send that exact link to two individuals and ask them to complete the online recommendation form by the application deadline (10:00pm, EASTERN, on Sunday, August 9, 2015). Send the unique link to only two individuals. The online system will not accept more than two recommendations.
Deadline: August 9, 2015
Amount: $2,500 to $12,000
Learn More: AOPA Flight Training Scholarship Program