Who Can Apply: Graduate students who are eligible to apply:
- Self-identify as LGBTQ.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to LGBTQ issues.
- Plan to attend the APA Annual Convention.
- Will be enrolled as graduate students at the time of the APA Annual Convention.
- Personal statement — Please submit a personal statement (500 words or less) that addresses each of the following questions:
- In what ways does your graduate program benefit from your self-identification and involvement as an LGBTQ person? How does APA benefit from your participation in professional activities as an LGBTQ person?
- What unique challenges might LGBTQ graduate students face that may hinder participation in APA?
- How would your attendance at the APA Annual Convention further your career goals?
- Are you presenting research at the APA Annual Convention? If so, will it contribute to the body of knowledge regarding LGBTQ issues in psychology? If so, please explain such contributions.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of recommendation (only one) — Please have a faculty member electronically submit a letter in support of you receiving the Div. 44 Committee on Mentoring Student Travel Award to the Committee co-chairs. Faculty members are asked to address the applicant’s commitment to LGBTQ issues in academic and other domains and confirm that they are a current graduate student in psychology.
Deadline: March 30, 2019