APF Walter Katkovsky Scholarships (Deadline: December 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Applicants must:
- Have applied to an APA designated program in psychopharmacology.
- Be an early career licensed psychologist (up to 10 years postdoctoral) in clinical or counseling psychology from programs accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Have experience with and commitment to working with patients who are experiencing medical problems in addition to psychological problems.
- Have experience in providing interventions/therapy based on theoretical and research-based conceptualizations of patient-problems and disorders.
- Recognize the need to evaluate the potential benefits, limitations, and dangers of introducing and eliminating psychotropic medications as part of patients’ treatment plans.
- Be committed to providing psychological interventions/therapy as the primary treatment for patients.
- Show evidence of enrollment in an APA-designated program before receiving scholarship monies.
- Statement on how candidate fulfills the eligibility requirements and how the candidate will be able to provide enhanced patient care through psychopharmacology training (no more than five pages, one inch margins, single spaced, no smaller than 11-point font).
- Two letters of recommendation supporting candidate’s qualifications with reference to the scholarship’s goals.
- Current abbreviated CV (maximum of 10 pages).
Deadline: December 1, 2018