Who Can Apply: ARTBA is looking for creativity, so stretch the bounds of your imagination! Entrants must submit a video in one of two categories based on their school attendance through August of 2015:
- Category One: Entrants are in elementary, middle of high school. This includes high school students who graduated in 2015 but may be planning to continue their studies at a post-secondary institution. Teachers/directors of elementary, middle, or high school students are eligible to participate with their class/program; however, the video must primarily be the work of the students.
- Category Two: Entrants are currently enrolled in a post-secondary, college or graduate school program.
Submission: The top two student videos (one winner in each category), as selected by ARTBA, will each be awarded a $500 cash prize. The winners, along with other submitted videos, may be shown at the ARTBA National Convention. Entrants may work in teams, but only ONE prize is awarded per video. Submitted videos may also be featured on the ARTBA website, screened on YouTube, and/or other promotional venues. Entrants should create an original two (2) to four (4) minute video examining any aspect of transportation in the United States. Some suggested topics include:
- U.S. Transportation Infrastructure 101
- How infrastructure is built and paid for
- What are the costs and financing needs of transportation infrastructure
- What are the impacts of congestion and changing travel demands
- What are the “man on the street” impressions of the industry versus reality
- Recent transportation and urban design/development patterns
Deadline: August 31, 2015
Learn More: ARTBA’s Student Transportation Video Contest