Who Can Apply: A one-year scholarship available to a full-time engineering or pre-engineering student entering their sophomore year at a post-secondary educational institution and pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in a course of study which has been traditionally a curriculum for the profession of HVAC&R profession.
- Be a student member of ASHRAE or have started an ASHRAE student branch at their school prior to the application deadline.
- Have a college grade point average of at least 3.0 where 4.0 is the highest and/or have a class standing of no less than the top 30%
- Be a first-year student in a post-secondary institution that meets at least one of the following criteria
- the institution hosts an active ASHRAE Student Branch or
- the program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) www.abet.org or
- the institution is accredited by an equivalent agency outside the USA that is a signatory of the Washington Accord or has a signed Memorandum of Understanding with ABET http://www.abet.org/memoranda-of-understanding/
- Official transcript of college grades
- Three letters of recommendation: one from an instructor or faculty advisor, a current or past employer, and another character reference. In the case of institutions with an ASHRAE student branch, include a letter from the faculty advisor of that branch, which may be one of the three required letters of recommendation.
Deadline: May 1, 2016
Learn More: ASHRAE Freshman Engineering Scholarship