Who Can Apply: Four one-year $3,000 scholarships available annually to college freshmen enrolled full-time in an undergraduate pre-engineering, engineering or engineering technology program leading to a bachelor degree in a course of study that traditionally has been a preparatory curriculum for the HVAC&R profession. Applicants must be high school seniors who have been accepted into a pre-engineering, engineering, or engineering technology program at a post-secondary educational institution that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- The institution hosts a recognized ASHRAE Student Branch
- The program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or the Partnership for Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA) in the USA
- The program is accredited by an equivalent agency outside the USA that is part of The Washington or Sydney Accord or has a signed Memorandum of Understanding with ABET.
- Official transcript of high school grades
- Letter of acceptance into an accredited pre-engineering, engineering or engineering technology program from a post-secondary institution that meets the criteria listed above.
- Three letters of recommendation: one from an instructor or faculty advisor, a current or past employer, and another character reference.
Deadline: May 1, 2016
Learn More: ASHRAE High School Senior Scholarships