Who Can Apply: Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The definition of Asian follows that provided by the U.S. Census.
- Have at least one or more of the following:
a) demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (H.S. credit/grades do not count towards this scholarship)
- Provide the most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- The scholarship is a one-time $2500 award. An additional $2,500 (for a total of $5,000) may be awarded to applicants that have fulfilled the leadership requirements and can also demonstrate financial need. To be eligible, you must submit a copy of the most current FAFSA form and if applicable, the Financial Aid Award Notice from your institution for the 2015-2016 academic year. However, please be advised that AWIB has limited funding for this scholarship and may not be able to award the additional amount or may limit this award to one recipient.
Deadline: October 1, 2015
Learn More: Asian Women In Business Scholarship