Who Can Apply:
- Prior winners of Balfour Scholarships are precluded from entering this competition.
- Candidates must be members of Phi Delta Phi International for a minimum of one year.
- The term minority shall include African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic and LGBT students. By submitting an application for this Scholarship, a student swears or affirms that he or she is a minority as defined herein.
- Candidates must be in good academic standing and currently in their last scholastic year of legal education.
- Candidates must affirm that their present intent is to practice law in the inner-cities of the United States, and New England in particular.
- The applicant must include a letter from the Dean of the law school or a letter from an associate dean, certifying the good academic and class standing of each candidate.
- A brief biographical sketch of the candidate or the candidate’s résumé shall accompany every application. Failure to submit either a letter, a biographical sketch and/or a résumé shall automatically disqualify an applicant.
- An individual essay, not to exceed 750 words, stating why they believe themselves qualified to serve as role models for minority youth.
Deadline: November 1, 2021