Who Can Apply: The Barbara Lumpkin Legislative Scholarship was developed to promote scholarly professionals, who are leaders in the community. Two scholarships will be available for five hundred dollars each. A scholarship will be given to one Doctoral student and one ARNP student, who are current SFCAPN members.
- An official copy of your school transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation describing your activities in an organization and your leadership qualities. The letters are to be written by community, professional, or organization leaders.
- Curriculum vitae detailing education and specific leadership roles that you have held with references.
- Typed essay of 500 to 1000 words discussing your thoughts on all four topics below:
- Discuss what leadership means to you.
- Explain your leadership skills and how you utilize them in the community, academics, and in the profession of nursing.
- Describe your academic and professional goals.
- Discuss how this scholarship would assist you to grow as a leader now and in the future.
Deadline: August 10, 2016