Bay Harbor Foundation Scholarships (Deadline: July 19, 2017)
Who Can Apply:
- Each recipient shall be a person who is employed by a Bay Harbor entity within the Bay Harbor Community or shall be the son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of a person who is so employed as stated in the Program Goals.
- The applicant must be 17 years old or older.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, including community and junior colleges, located within the United States.
- The applicant must be a “Full Time Student”, completing, and receiving credit for, at least 12 accredited college credit hours per semester, or equivalent in quarter hours, and in good standing.
- The applicant must be a person who has demonstrated good moral character and who has not been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude.
- The applicant must demonstrate a need for assistance in paying tuition of the college or university he or she is attending after taking into account the other financial assistance available to such person.
- The applicant must demonstrate commitment to the community in a written essay.
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from an employer, school counselor, longtime friend, or Bay Harbor Resident who knows you well. A second letter of recommendation is not required, but is strongly encouraged.
- This scholarship is for tuition only, and funds awarded may not be used for any other purpose. If a student’s tuition is already completely paid for through some other means, e.g. from their school, state or federal aid, or another scholarship, that student is not eligible to receive scholarship funding through this program.
Deadline: July 19, 2017