Who Can Apply: Applicants for the BD Scholarship program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Posses a cumulative grade point average of a 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident.
- Students must be residents of the following states: New Jersey, Rhode Island, Maryland, Illinois, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, California, Utah, Arizona, Texas, or Nebraska.
- Enrolled full-time as a college freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of the application at any UNCF member institutions, other HBCUS or any accredited four-year college or university.
- Major in one of the following academic disciplines/area of study: communications, computer science, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, life sciences, microbiology, finance, global health, nursing, science technology, or sociology.
Submission: For BD Scholarship award consideration, applicants must submit the online application complete with the following required application materials by the application due date of February 1, 2022.
- A letter of recommendation.
- A 500 word essay on personal statement of career interest.
- Current transcript.
Deadline: February 1, 2022