Be a Leader Scholarship at Rio Salado College (Deadline: August 11, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
• You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher from previous college courses and plan to take at least one Rio Salado course during both the fall and spring 2015-16 terms. Students who are native Spanish speakers or have some fluency with the Spanish language are encouraged to apply.
• Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need as indicated by your FAFSA results.
• You must have your own reliable transportation.
• You must make the nine-month commitment. Most programs are from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on one Saturday per month beginning in August 2015.
• You will be required to answer additional questions to those asked within the general application.
• You may be required to provide transcripts from a previous/current high school, college or university.
• You will be required to provide a minimum of one recommendation from an instructor, advisor, mentor or other non-family member that knows you well.
• You will be required to provide financial information documentation (most recent federal income tax return [Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ – yours or your parents/guardians] OR the SAR from current FAFSA.
• Make a nine-month commitment for one Saturday per month (8:30-1:30/2:00) during which you will take part in mentor/mentee activities.
• You will attend a volunteer training orientation.
• You will pass a background check with fingerprint clearance if necessary.
Deadline: August 11, 2015
Learn More: Be a Leader Scholarship at Rio Salado College