Who Can Apply:
- Currently enrolled in or recently accepted to an accredited law school.
- A United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. A copy of your college transcript (unofficial) must accompany the application.
- Proof of Law School acceptance or attendance must accompany the application.
Submission: Entrants for this scholarship must submit a minimum of a 600-word typed essay on one of the below topics to be judged by partners Joe Benson and Ben Bingham at the conclusion of the deadline:
- Premises Security: Given the Mandalay Bay Shooting, what steps should hotels take to insure the safety and security of their guests?
- Consumer Product Safety: When are the affixed warnings regarding the potential risk of injury obvious enough to warrant not having them? [A product is defective for its failure to be accompanied by suitable and adequate warnings concerning its safe and proper use, if the absence of such warnings renders the product unreasonably dangerous. To be adequate a warning must be: (1) designed to reasonably catch the consumer’s attention, (2) that the language be comprehensible and give a fair indication of the specific risks attendant to use of the product, and (3) that warnings be of sufficient intensity justified by the magnitude of the risk.]
Deadline: August 31, 2018