Who Can Apply: Applicants to The Betty Booker Lontz Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from the City of Fredericksburg or Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, Stafford or Orange County
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher education (to include two-year and four-year colleges and universities, and certified trade and vocational schools).
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- Two letters of recommendation. Referrals should be from two different sources (a teacher, counselor, coach, employer or someone outside of your family who knows you well.)
- An essay of up to 900 words that outlines:
Why is wellness important? Describe your wellness practices. Why do you believe it is important to study wellness, such as physical therapy or physical education and similar disciplines? What have these disciplines given you?
Deadline: March 1, 2020