Who Can Apply: This fund was established by the Shawnee Chamber of Commerce in memory of Betty Charlton, who was a strong supporter of education, to provide scholarships for education to high school seniors who either reside in the City of Shawnee or attend a school in the City of Shawnee, who have demonstrated involvement in community leadership and received special honors, and who meet the criteria outlined below.
- The student shall be a graduating senior intending to continue his or her education through a two or four year college and/or technical school. Consideration will be given to the student’s work, school activity and community service records.
- Student must continue to attend classes and keep a 3.0 grade point average (or equivalent).
- Submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Foundation.
- A certified transcript MUST accompany application in order to be considered for scholarship.
- A personal interview will be conducted with finalist for the scholarship.
Deadline: March 24, 2021